Outreach, and/or people enough interested in my work to write about it. Cool.
- Florian’s Nature Materials paper is featured in Nature, the CNRS, Discovery, Gizmodo, LiveScience, ScienceDaily, Phys.org, NanoWerk, the Materials Research Society, the American Ceramic Society, l’Usine Nouvelle, Les Echos, Science et Avenir, La Recherche, La Croix, CNRS International Magazine, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
- An op-ed I wrote for Le Monde on communicating science in France (in french). It’s here. Kindly invited by Pierre Barthélémy. Followed-up by a short interview on France Inter.
- “Building the future: Industry giant Saint-Gobain is using the ESRF to develop advanced construction materials”, ESRF News
- “New synthetic antigel”, CNRS International Magazine #24.
- “Contrôler la croissance des cristaux de glace pour de nouveaux antigels synthétiques”, CNRS, Institut de Chimie
- “A simple compound with surprising antifreeze properties”, CNRS press release, PhysOrg, ScienceDaily, Robaid, ZeitNews.
- “Intelligence de la nature” Science & Vie n°1112
- “Des matériaux aussi vrai que nature”, Le Temps
- “Freezing, a phenomenon that jumps”, CNRS press release
- “Getting to grips with the freeze”, ESRF news
- “Ice template define porous ceramics”, Materials Today
- “Secrets of shells and ceramics”, New York Times
- “Mother-of-pearl on ice: new ceramicsmight serve in bones and machines”, ScienceNews
- “Frozen sea of possibilities for joints”, Times
- “Tougher, lighter and as cool as ice”, Chemistry and Industry Magazine
- “A sea change for artificial bones?”, Business Week
- “Seashells provide blueprints for composites”, Materials Today
- “Os artificiel, l’exploit qui venait du froid”, Science et Vie
- “Material Witness; cold comfort”, Nature Materials
- “Nature suggests a promising strategy for artificial bones”, NIH press release
- “Secrets of the sea yield stronger artificial bone”, LBNL press release
- ““Materials Science: Making Better Ceramic Composites with Ice”, Science